Thursday, September 10, 2009

Getting Started

I'm new to blogging. There, I said it. I read blogs. I follow blogs. I've thought about starting a blog for a long time. So, with inspiration from friends, and, I have to admit a very compelling movie, I took the plunge.

There are millions of blogs out there. I know. Why read mine? Well, why not? I have been cooking and baking for years...mostly successfully, but there was a time when I couldn't get chicken to cook beyond raw...ick...but I'm over that now. Luckily, it was a brief time period and no one died--or even got sick. Whew!

But seriously, cooking and baking are my passion. More baking than cooking, but we all have to eat, right? I can go for days on an emotional high when my daughters exclaim that the latest meal was the best thing they've ever tasted and we HAVE to have it every night. Laughter with friends is always enhanced by good food and drinks, isn't it? So I cook to keep us healthy and bake to keep us happy. Isn't that what life is all about? Healthy and happy? Family time and togetherness?

So, with the encouragement of others, I begin this journey of sharing some of my recipes. Some I have been making for years. Some are brand new to me...and I'll give you my opinions as we go along. Many will have stories to go with them, and that just makes it a little more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Deb! Congratulations! Let me be the first one to follow your baking and cooking endevors!

    ReplyDelete